Wednesday, September 03, 2014

11 Weeks to NEAS 2014

9:21pm
Last week I timed my full draft at 45 minutes for 177 slides, then whipped out a virtual axe, & began chopping till I got it down to 100 slides read in 24 minutes (Rollston/Barkay pace) to 34 minutes (casual pace), which is right on target per NEAS guidelines of 30-35 minutes. It is so painful to see so many important points falling victim to my Delete key, but life's full of tough choices...

Next step will be practice recordings to see what I look like, & hear what I sound like, possibly this weekend. That will be the most dreadful part of this preparation since I hate both of those elements about myself.

No time to elaborate or philosophize tonight, so I'll just include a snapshot of slide #2 (the only one I'm 100% sure will not change), & be off to bed.




9:36pm

G.M. Grena

No comments: