Wednesday, August 06, 2014

15 Weeks to NEAS 2014

10:20 PM. Friday is going to be my last day on my current engineering contract, & I probably won't begin another till September. Looking forward to at least a couple weeks of ... non-stop work on my aggressive yard/jungle, mold-ridden bedroom, & this NEAS slideshow! It's now up to 69 slides.

By the way, last week I discovered a fully narrated slideshow I made back in February-April 2003. I never actually presented it to anyone, but did give a printout of the slides to someone at the time, & don't know if he or anyone in his organization ever made use of it. I doubt it. Anyway, if my NEAS presentation goes well, I'm thinking about also uploading this 2003 version to YouTube for comparison.

In completely unrelated news, one of the RIKEN Center scientists involved in the internationally publicized data-falsification scandal earlier this year committed suicide this week. Equally sad to hear about the declining mental state of Haruko Obokata, the (very beautiful) primary author of the paper, which was officially retracted from the journal, Nature.

To those who insist science & religion should not mix, I say:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments..."--Psalm 111:10

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."--Proverbs 16:25

"Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts."--Zechariah 1:3

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."--1John 1:9

It's worth noting that Israel Finkelstein, editor of the Tel Aviv journal, never retracted the falsely attributed data published by Oded Lipschits; so neither of them has anything to be distraught over, do they?

10:55 PM.

G.M. Grena

No comments: