Saturday, April 01, 2006

STOP THE PRESSES!!! IS THIS THE 22ND LMLK SEAL???!!!

[This post is from an archive; the original message was sent Sat 6/5/2004 9:42 AM. Visit www.lmlk.com/research/lmlk_ej-413-s150.htm to see the Gibeon handle, & www.lmlk.com/research/lmlk_ten-ab16x-i-x67.htm to see the Mizpah handle.]

How exciting! If you go to the Gibeon page & look in the x2x section at:

x2x, 9:00, AGC, 0 (field # 413; stamp # 150; museum ID# 60-13-115)

you'll notice that I say "Probably a Z2T; possibly a G2T or an M2T". While preparing its detail page just now, I noticed an incredible similarity between it & the controversial "AB16x, I, X67" from Mizpah! At this point, I'd have to say there's a greater than 90% chance that this is indeed the 22nd seal, & that it belongs in the S2T category with the S2DR since this one probably has a Shin in the top & bottom registers as I've speculated in the past. The Gibeon handle shows a new detail for a Vau in the bottom register, so technically there appears to be 3 letters on the seal. And the wings on this icon are simply different than the other 21. And guess what the most ironic coincidence is? This was the very first handle I photographed when I arrived at UPMA on Wednesday afternoon!!!

G.M. Grena

No comments: