Saturday, April 01, 2006

Circular Corpus

[This post is from an archive; the original message was sent Sat 8/7/2004 10:06 PM.]

Prior to the publication of Vol. 2 in my LMLK book series, I've added statistics to the LMLK Research website representing the most comprehensive corpus of handles with Circle marks ever published:

www.lmlk.com/research/lmlk_circ.htm

The only other attempt at such a list was done by Welten in the late 1960s & is way outdated (listing only 106 prior to the explosion of excavations in Jerusalem where the vast majority have now been found). Andy Vaughn & Chang-Ho Ji mentioned some newer sub-quantities in their recent publications, but neither scholar compiled a comprehensive list of statistics. In my book I'll provide a line-by-line list of each handle, but as that's still a couple of years away, I thought those of you with a deep interest in this subject might find this preliminary data useful.

G.M. Grena

No comments: