Saturday, January 13, 2007

Deep in the TIP (p. 2)

Last summer I reported on the publication of the first in a series of articles by The Society of Israel Philatelists. I am happy to announce Part 2's appearance in the December 2006 issue:



This photo shows the first 2 pages; there's also a 3rd page with only text. Section headings:

"Shifted Streamers?"
"Which Way Is Up?"
"Pinhole Pairs"


Unfortunately, due to some initial chops by the editor & my lack of thoroughness in the final review, there are a couple of errors.

On p. 209, my bulleted description of the locations for Pairs #5 & #6 say, "pane #6" & "panes #1 and #6", respectively. Actually they should be reversed, which should be obvious though from my mentioning of cells G01-I01 & N01, respectively.

Also on p. 209 in the paragraph immediately following the bullets, "...both of my sheets have pairs #1-3 in the same black positions ... my main-printing sheet has pairs #4-6 in the red positions..." is also reversed. In other words, pairs #4-6 are the same on both sheets; my main-printing sheet has pairs #1-3 in the red positions. This, too, should be clear to readers by the detailed description in the subsequent paragraph.

I know it's no big deal, but I like to be thorough, & I like to be correct as often as humanly possible.

Song of the week: "Flying With Broken Wings.mp3" by Angel (click the song title to visit Amazon; click here for a 23-second sample; 295kb).
G.M. Grena

No comments: