Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9 Weeks to NEAS 2014

8:40pm Ugh!!! Received a totally unexpected layoff notice today, so the time I had allotted to this blog tonight was consumed by resume distribution. I have several prospects, so I'm not in Panic mode ... I'm actually quite comfortable because my NEAS presentation content is stable ... & the special Halloween prop I ordered last weekend was shipped today, & is estimated to arrive next Wednesday, though I probably won't be revealing it till the day of the lecture.

This past week I found out that the lecture room's seating arrangement will be a 40-seat theatre style, which means no desks, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to set camera #1 on my chair or not ... only if I get there early enough to reserve a front-row seat, which I'm planning to do since I also reserved a ($59) hotel room not far from the conference location. And because the lecture room is so small, there won't be any microphone for voice amplification, so that's one less concern. Really, the only remaining concern I have is whether there'll be enough room on the podium for both the laptop AND my paper, which I'm planning to put into a 3-ring binder, again, as a safeguard against computer/projector malfunction. Aside from weekly practice readings, I'm anxious to print out a copy to ensure readable sizing & finger-tabs.

The only other to-do item is re-reading my Lv1 book to ensure I'm not missing any important/relevant quotations. Ideally, I'd like to re-read all the major players (Ussishkin's RAEL, Vaughn's book, & the Lipschits articles), but that will all depend on my work schedule.

Sorry, no time to comment on Pithom's comment from the previous post, but maybe next week.

8:58pm

G.M. Grena

No comments: