Wednesday, July 30, 2014

16 Weeks to NEAS 2014

Ugh!!! 10:50pm. Time's flyin' faster than a winged scroll! ... Okay, I have to get all the corny comments out of my system so the lecture will be strictly professional. (Note to self: Dream on.) I finished what I believe to be the skeleton of the entire presentation last weekend. And I like the way it's lookin'. Total of 40 slides now, though I expect to have more like 100 by the time I'm done with all the details. The quantity ain't that big of a deal because of the nature of PowerPoint transitions containing redundant bullets. I had wanted to share an image of one of the slides tonight, but I just don't have time. Maybe next week. And I was overwhelmed with honor to see that Dr. Al Mohler will also be lecturing at the ETS conference.

In other news, earlier this month BAS posted 2 reviews of Israel Finkelstein's award-winning book. My opinion is that Drs. Dever & Burke were very restrained & overly generous in their compliments of the author. They remind me of those who suggest that the current U.S. president should be merely impeached.

On a completely unrelated topic, the U.S. Army War College is investigating plagiarism allegations.

Closing on a happy, gentle note (because I'm such a happy, gentle kind o' guy, even though it's now 11:15 pm); here's my favorite tune Buddy Davis performed at the Answers Mega-conference last week in Costa Mesa:



G.M. Grena

No comments: