Sunday, August 07, 2011

Newsflash: Another Redondo Collection!

It's no big secret that I own an important collection of LMLK jar handles, & that I live in Redondo Beach, California.

When I began constructing the LMLK Research Website almost a decade ago, I decided to list mine in the Corpus page as simply a "private collection in Redondo Beach" rather than "The Grena collection". I thought it was a little confusing that Vaughn listed Steve Adler twice in his 1999 corpus, once by himself with 12 handles, & 17 others jointly (?) with William Stern; see also 2 seemingly redundant listings for L. Alexander Wolfe (which I took the liberty of combining into a single quantity).

Way back then, I anticipated somebody else in my family possibly acquiring some, in which case it would be easier to distinguish them by location. The chances of that happening were extremely remote, but far more likely than the possibility of somebody else in the relatively small town of Redondo acquiring any sort of collection worth dubbing "Redondo Collection".

Lo & behold 1951 Artesia Blvd, Redondo Beach:







G.M. Grena

No comments: