Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cargill SmackDown

My biggest disappointment with my first book ("LMLK vol. 1"; Lv1) remains the numerous stupid typos I made. What a shock when they were first pointed out to me! My second disappointment, which I knew would be a bummer as soon as I decided to write the book, was that it was 100% guaranteed to eventually be outdated or superseded on certain things, & it definitely has been.

Despite this, I wrote my 2nd book ("Evolution Science") expecting it would only be valid for a year, & the odds of it containing numerous typos vastly exceeded that of Lv1. To my complete amazement, several years have elapsed, & not a single piece of content has been outdated or superseded, & I did not even notice any typos until this past month as I was preparing to layeth the smacketh down on Robert Cargill.

On p. 268 I misquoted a Genesis verse:

"8:5 Waters continued to subside until the chief mountains were visible (10th month, 10th day)."

The actual text is:

"And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

I can see how I made the mistake, quickly viewing both appearances of "10th month", & missing the "first day" part.

I'm one of those people who has to think logically & determine a reason for everything. It's not enough to simply correct a typo; I have to learn why I made it, & do my best to prevent it from happening again.

I suppose that's why it bothers me when I see other people making the same poor interpretations of the Holy Bible, & I feel obligated to make an effort to help them understand the faults in their own position. Life ain't worth livin', if you ain't standing on THE ROCK.

If there's a mote in my eye, I hope someone else will be kind enough to remove it for me, even if I smack them around a little in the process.

Word of caution: Please be prepared to explain to me that the mote is in my eye, & the scientific reason why it needs to be removed!

If you want me to believe there was no worldwide flood...

Don't just appeal to authority!

Don't just appeal to common belief!

Don't just appeal to ridicule!

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! Dig up some evidence, & then ... JUST ... BRING ... IT ... ON!!!







G.M. Grena

No comments: